My friend Stacey is the genius behind the idea for the Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, so clearly she is one smart lady.
She does a few “Dump Chicken” recipes – which are oh-so-perfect for busy Make Ahead Mondays
So this one is all her – I can’t wait to go home and cook it up tonight!
What you Need:
Blackberry “Dump” Chicken
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup blackberry jam (other jams work too, but I really like the blackberry)
1/8 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 lbs chicken pieces or 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
What You Do:
– For immediate cooking: Preheat oven to 350º.
– Place all ingredients into a prepared baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear – about 45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts.
– For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
– To cook from the freezer: Thaw in the refrigerator.
– Preheat the oven to 350º.
– Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake as directed above.
Here is mine all ready to go, and since you KNOW Keri just has to “Keri it up” with every recipe she tries (can’t leave good enough alone, can we lady?) the one thing I did do differently was cut the chicken breasts into small chunks – I like to maximize the amount of meat exposed to the flavory goodness of any sauce or marinade!
I look forward to whipping it out of the fridge tonight and baking it up to go with some of this cauliflower
(which is really good, BTW)